Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bryce Canyon Half Marathon & 5k 7/18/09

With Trent training for the marathon, he decided that he should do a half marathon & thought I should join him! Of course I knew better & went with the 5k! I really hated the run! It went out from the park down hill (slight, nothing compared to the down hill of the half!) which meant it was uphill all the way back! I kept saying to myself, "Why am I doing this? I am NEVER running again! There is no way I'll finish under 30 minutes! And I don't even care, just as long as I finish!" Finally as the end was in view, I saw the time clock ... 27.18!! What?!? No way! So that made it a lot better! I had run all by myself without a watch & had paced myself with a girl in front of me so I had no clue how I was doing. I took 5th in my age group & 20th overall. My pace was 8:47! I am pleased with that! And of course when Monday morning came around I got up & went running again! So much for NEVER again!



Ugly picture but proof that I did it!




Not long after I got through the half marathon runners started coming in. Trent was planning on finishing around 1:45. So we went to the finish line and here comes Trent finishing in 1:37! Awesome! He looked great! He finished 20th in his age group & 92nd overall! There were a lot more runners for the half marathon than the 5k! His overall pace was 7:26! I am so proud of him!


What a strong finish! Nice job Trent! That's my man!
Coming in at 1:59, Liline, Miranda, and Don finished all together!
Liline went back to meet up with Debbie who finished in 2:20. Good job Deb!
Good job! Woo hoo!
Yeah its over!
The crew! Miranda, Don, Liline, Debbie, Me, & Trent.
That's right! We're biting our medals!
Rigby didn't want to be left out!

8 comments:

Laralee and Jake said...

Yeah for you guys!! You guys both had some awesome running times. If we need some extra people for the Vegas Ragnar, we will give you guys a call.

Liz said...

You guys are FAST!!!! I'm impressed! Way to go, and good job getting up on Monday morning and sticking with it!!!

Karin Webb said...

Like I was going to let you quit on me after your race! But seriously I am proud of you for coming out Monday morning. You both did awesome!!

Dave said...

Way to go!! I could never run that far...

lauren said...

That was awesome!! Your time was good - keep it up you - RUNNER!! Despite what you may say..

Erin said...

Go Bonnie! I'm so proud of you!!!
:)

Megan Andersen said...

You are definitely in the running now! That is such an awesome time!! WOW...1:37 for Trent...he sure is speedy gonzales now isn't he!!! Congrats you guys.

Andrus Family said...

BONNIE you little runner you!!! I was looking at Laralee's blog and found yours. How are you? I wish I could be your running partner!