Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Break - Wilson Peak hike 10/16/10

Fall Break.
No soccer games, no coaching, no school.
Great time to head to the cabin!! So that's just what we did!


The kids climbed trees (Rigby was especially proud of how high he could climb! But he did need help getting down because he was so high!)
Rode on the 4 wheelers & rhino.
Played on Grandpa's tractor.
Tried to help Grandpa fix the hay baler.


Posed for a super cute picture in front of the hay!
And they hiked! They hiked to the top of Wilson Peak! It was a 4 hour hike & they all made it!


This is my view of the hike from the cabin (I did not hike & stayed with the little ones). To the top of the peak! They are actually on top when I took the picture!


This is their view from the top looking down at me at the cabin! The cabin is just above the pond.



Now some great pictures from during the hike! Lainee was quite the trooper!



Another one of my favorite pics of the day!



Don't look down! A little scary having her so close to the edge!







The boys doing the wave of victory when the made it to the top! Lainee said they started singing "We are the champions!"



Jesse, Tanner, & Lainee the super hikers!



It was single file to cross here. Both sides dropped right off & to make it worse the ground here is pebbly slidy rock! One slip & they could of been goners! Think Angels Landing but with shifty rocks!



They had to do some rock climbing too!







Home now & getting cleaned up! I let them use my tub for the first time & they LOVED it! Gotta love group baths!

2 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

I have never climbed to the top of Wilson Peak. (Or anywhere near the peak, for that matter.) Sounds like I have a new goal for next time!

Angie Cazier said...

Bonnie, I love all of your darling pics. It looks like you guys had a blast.