Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Good Run!

I have had to run this past week without my Garmin GPS watch & its driving me crazy! Trent lost it at the Ragnar Relay Race & we are trying to find a new one at a great price but in the mean time I have to run courses that I know the distance already.

So today was my 6 mile run & I don't have that long of a course yet so we did Trent's 4 mile run & my 2 mile run. I was tired but got through it all - with 2 bathroom stops! (when do they end?!!!) Anyways I just kept thinking it had to be longer than 6 so I hopped in my car & drove it & guess what? 7 miles!! Woohoo! I have never ran that far before! I was having a hard time with how long it took for the 6 miles but now knowing that it was 7 I am elated! My knee hurt just a bit but not like it has before so I am hoping that its almost better!

I am officially in marathon training!

5 comments:

@mie said...

Good for you!!!
You are a much better woman than me! I silently admire all you marathoners as I eat my ice cream! LOL =)
I need your motivation!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

You are so awesome!!! I went private on my blog so send me your email so I can invite you mandigubler@hotmail.com

Liz said...

Good job Bonnie!!! Woohoo is right! Good luck with all of the training! You're awesome! The bathroom stops never end for me either! I do take Immodium before races and it usually helps. I should've thought of that before my run today. The Cheveron and 7-Elevan and Tesoro guys probably get sick of me!!! Oh, and bummer about your watch! Hope you get a replacement quick!

Karin Webb said...

Wow- 7 miles is awesome! I hope your knee continues to hold up. Wish I could be running with you still :(

Laralee and Jake said...

nice job!! That is quite the accomplishment.