Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Catch up!

Rigby got to play soccer this year & I got to be his coach! I'm not sure he learned a whole lot but he did have fun! We had 6 very young boys on our team & we got smashed every game. We're talking 13-0 in a 20 minute game! Finally in the second to last game we scored our first goal! Hooray for Dawson! Then our last game we scored 2! Both by Coben, the other team secured our first & only victory by scoring 2 more goals for us! We'll be playing in the spring as well.





Rigby's team: Front row Bodie, Jace, Rigby; back row Dawson, Bowdrie & Coben.


Lainee played again this year - Olivia opted out because it made her tired to play soccer! Lainee's team is the Purple Pirates! Front row: Delilah, Carissa, Jessica, Lainee. Back row: Aaliyah, Abbie, Monica, Kia, & Kenya. And coach Jessica & her husband (I don't know his name but he basically took over & coached.)








Once again, Lainee proved to be a great asset to the team! She was a high scorer for the team! In the picture she is holding up 2 fingers for 2 goals - not for peace! She continues to be a good athlete & enjoys sports!


This tree is what I see going out my front door! Unfortunately its not in my yard! But isn't it beautiful? It belongs to the church that I live across the street from.


So speaking of my house, I wanted to show some updates! This is the before picture, kind of plain & dead grass.



After! I made & installed the shutters myself! Didn't it just dress up the house?! And notice the grass! Back to green! We (ok Trent) reseeded the grass & its growing in nicely! Oh I also painted the house numbers to stand out.





This picture is far away but its to show the before picture of the side window that partly behind the bush.



And after. Again, kind of hard to see behind the bush but you can see the shutters! (I still need to trim that bush!)




This week at school Lainee gets to be the "King of the Jungle" spotlight. She made a poster of some of the places she's been to & got to answer questions from her class.









Good job Lanes!





















In my last post I showed Olivia with the front tooth that she lost. This is how she looked for a week & a half! Notice the tooth is going gray! I called her my little jack-o-lantern with those crazy teeth!
Trent had told her to get the tooth out or he would pull it out for her! Every night for that week Trent would "operate" on her. They had a system where he would wiggle the tooth around & she would hold up fingers based on pain, 1 finger ok, 2 & 3 progressively hurting more, 4 fingers meant stop. Here she is at a 2 with minor pain (again the 2 fingers not meaning peace!).


These pictures really were on different nights! She just really likes that nightgown & wears it a lot! Finally it was down to the last strand & I distracted her while Trent pulled it out with out her even feeling it or knowing that he did! Perfect timing for a little Christmas tune - you know which one! "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!"




6 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Wow! Those shutters and painted numbers on the house really DO make it pop! It looks fantastic!

And one thing I'm NOT looking forward to about being a mommy is pulling teeth - literally, not metaphorically speaking. I'm afraid I'll start sweating bullets, puke into the child's mouth and then pass out - landing next to or on top of Brian who will have already passed out at just the mentioning of teeth removal. :~S

@mie said...

Look at you Martha Stewart!
I have always been amazed with your eye for making things look good. I first noticed it in Ecuador when you came back from the Otavalan market with a cool mirror!
Way to go on the shutters!
They really make a great looking house look even better!

SFHS Class of 2000 said...

fun update bonnie! And those shutters made a HUGE difference. It is really so cute! Can you still do shutters on siding? I almost want to do it on my house, but probably wouldn't look at cute. But anyway, super cute! And we can't wait to hear livy sing that special tune at the soon!!!

Julie said...

You made the shutters? From wood by yourself? They look really good Bon bon! All your updates are cute! And I love the hike pictures too! I still remember doing that hike with mom and dad and mom stayed below with doug and brad and couldn't stand that the little girls went clear to the top. :) But it is much prettier in your pictures than my mind can rememeber!

Erin said...

Your shutters look so cute Bonnie! Love them. Darling house. I also love that you coached soccer! That is so cool. You were always so athletic. I'd be clueless out there! But I could teach them to all point their toes!?? :)

Megan Andersen said...

I bet you were such a fun soccer coach! We can't wait to see you guys at the Christmas get together...you better be comin'