Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my mom's 69th birthday! 6 years ago from today she found out on her birthday that she has diabetes. This year on her birthday, she found out that she has some dead cartilage & torn meniscus in her knee which means she will need to have some form of surgery. My mom was bugged with her doctor for giving her more bad news on her birthday & told him no more!

I found out today that one of my friends from high school, lost her mother today. It was unexpected although she had been sick but was recovering & no one saw this coming. So sorry to hear the news Marianne & we pray that all will be well with you & your family.

So even though my mom seems to hear bad news on her birthday, I am so grateful that she is still here with us, to see my kids grow, to be the great example that she is to us all, & of course for all the many many treats she always has at her house!

Happy Birthday Mom!

We love you!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Awe:) What a sweet post Bonnie. I hope you all gave her lots of hugs from us on her birthday:( we are coming down on Wednesday so I will hopefully see then!

Megan Andersen said...

Yes, the treats! Why does it seem like you can eat anything you want when your at your moms' house?? Love it!!