Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Break '11

Over Spring Break we went to Monterey CA to visit my sister Sue & her husband Rick.  We started off at the beach watching the giant waves come in.  It was super windy - blowing in a storm.


It was really chilly too!




You would never know that we were standing in front of the ocean in this picture!




I love this picture!


Then we went to the aquarium.




The kids sitting with Sue watching a feeding of the fish from the scuba diver.


Jelly fish amaze me! I just love them!


They had tones of seahorses too.



Whatcha looking at Sue?


The penguins were fun too.




We then went on post to pick up Rick & stopped for a photo with the tank.


I don't know the names of the beaches we stopped at but this one is right next to the Pebble Beach Golf Course.  We drove around 17 Mile Drive & checked out the golf course.  Trent & Rick got a round in at a public course that was right at the edge of the ocean but not at the $500 a round Pebble Beach course!


Clear down at the waters edge was a bride & groom getting their pictures taken. Right in the middle of the picture.

My camera battery died after taking this picture so I wasn't able to capture the rest of the trip. (This was day 1 & only half way through the day! And I didn't take my charger!) We also went to see some Redwood trees in the Great Basin park, went to the wharf where the kids held birds, drove along PCH to where the road was closed due to where it washed into the ocean!  Hopefully Sue will send us pictures that she took of the rest of the trip! It was a lot of fun but very cold & wet! It rained the whole time!

5 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Looks like fun! I LOVE the ocean... :)

Rick and Sue said...

it was a way good time, wish we could have had some better weather though! Don't worry I will send you the pictures I took asap!

Keli W said...

I didn't know you guys went! Yae! Fun, it rained on us there too! Glad you fun. Sorry your camera died, look forward to more pics!

Laurie Turner said...

Wow, what fun!Even with the rain it looks like you had a great time!

Erin said...

Fun Spring Break!